Trees are one of the largest living organisms on the planet and one of the greatest natural resources of the Earth. They make our air clean, reduce noise, improve water quality, prevent soil erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade and help make landscapes beautiful.
Everyone should remember that massive tree removal causes huge damage to the Earth.
Here are some thoughts, facts and figures about the old inhabitants of the earth and living treasures. Nine facts about trees gathered by the tree service company in Surprise, Arizona:
1. Evaporation of moisture through the leaves and shade from the trees reduces the annual cost of cooling space by 2.1 billion.
2. What is more, trees are the most long-living organisms on Earth.
3. Each tree of medium size saves about $7 annual environmental benefits, including conservation of energy and reduction of environmental pollution.
4. One tree produces about 113 kilograms of oxygen a year. This means that two mature trees can produce enough oxygen to cover annual demand for oxygen for family of four.
5. Only one tree per year is capable to receive as much carbon dioxide as a car produces during the race of 41.8 kilometers.
6. In the course of its life, one tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide.
7. The average life span of trees in the city is only 8 years. For comparison, the maximum life span of trees in the wild - apple to 200 years, pear -300, pine European – 500, oak - 1000 years, juniper - a maximum of 1500.
8. The biggest tree grows in the National Park in California. Its height is 112 meters, a diameter of 9 meters, and age is over 2000 years.
9. The oldest tree is also in a National Park in California. Its name Eternal God, according to scientists this tree is 12 000 years, though, some argue that it’s only 7000 years.
All in all, remember that our planet is a great treasure we need to take care of. Trees is one of the means to do this. The best way is to engage yourself in tree planting. In case it is too difficult, there are special tree services that will take help you with everything ranging from planting, tree trimming, pruning and, of course, tree removal.