Tree removal operations in the eyes of non-professionals and newbies may seem simple and it may look like the process does not require any special preparation. In fact, one has to consider a lot of nuances, including the features of the soil structure and root system of the tree you are about to remove. Many people underestimate the scale at which the plant penetrates deep into the ground. Its powerful branching roots can bring bigger problems of you do the tree removal on your own.
Therefore, the answer to the question of how to uproot a tree should be addressed at the stage of preparation so that you have time for the removal of unwanted objects. This will make it possible to choose the best way to solve the problem and do it with minimal efforts.
To cope with the problem of tree removal, here are the steps for you to follow:
1) Assess the scope of the work. The bigger the tree is, the harder it will be to remove it. The size of the roots often depends on the type of tree.
2) Assess the ground and soil at the site where the tree grows. This will help you determine the next steps or learn about costs if you refer to a tree service company.
3) Prepare all the necessary equipment: a shovel, saws, ax, etc.
4) If the tree trunk is large enough in its diameter and has strong powerful roots, you will have to dig a hole around the trunk.
What is more, the pit should be 3 times bigger than the trunk. Its depth is determined individually. It is important to get to the core, the central root. If it remains there, it will be extremely difficult to pull the tree.
As there are lots of mechanical and chemical methods of tree removal, you will have to choose what is best for you, your tree and the place it is located at. However, if you happen to change your mind, it is always possible to call a tree service company. For example, Tree Service Surprise in Arizona will take full responsibility for your tree removal. At the same time, you will not have to waste your time and efforts on such a hard work.
If you deal with trees on a daily basis, or there are lots of them in your yard, you have probably asked yourself lots of times – how to get rid of them or how to use them efficiently.
Also, there can be another case when a tree service company has removed or trimmed a tree near your house and there are some remains of the tree left on the ground.
For such cases, there is always a creative way out. It goes about the creative using of tree branches in the interior. As they help make the interior unique and unforgettable.
There are lots of them in your yard and you simply do not know what to do with them. They are virtually free and unlimited in terms of quantity.
The dimensions of branches can be very different from a few centimeters to a couple of meters. This allows you to always find the necessary material for the compositions and produce extremely creative decorative elements.
The compositions made with tree branches can easily suit to any room style. Yet, before getting to creativity, you need to prepare the branches and clean them. After drying, the wood can change its size and shape. What is more, you should remember that In order to avoid fungus on the product, pre-treat the wood with anti-fungal agents. In order for your creation to have a stunning look, it is better to cover it with varnish.
With the tree branches, everything is possible. You can make some photo frames, chandeliers, and even candle holders if you wish.
However, if you happen to have no trees, but genuinely wish to make some beautiful hand-made, you can call a tree service company. For example, here in Arizona, you can contact us, Tree Service Surprise, and we will help your dreams come true. So, we can provide the full range of tree service to you, including tree planting. Within some time you will have your branches to make the hand-made with.
Modern gardeners and homeowners often face a problem: how to grind the stump after a tree has been removed. Due to the buildings, bushes, flower beds, and trees, the option of using a bulldozer is immediately discarded.
However, if there is a problem, then there should be a solution to it.
First of all, it is necessary to understand if the stump grinding is the only possible and necessary solution. Can you make this stump a decorative element of your garden? And what if you try to cut it down close to the soil and grow mushrooms grow? In this case, the stump grinding will be absolutely not necessary.
Still, if you are sure that it is necessary to remove the stump, here is the information for you.
There are two ways of rooting: chemical and mechanical.
Chemical method of stump grinding
First of all, you need to drill a hole large in diameter (the bigger - the better) across the surface of the stump. Its depth should be about 20 cm. Then fill the holes with sodium chloride. As a result, the salt will gradually destroy the stump. Take some time and just wait. After everything is absorbed, you can simply burn down the stump.
Mechanical method of stump grinding
To begin with, heavily moisten the soil around the stem. Using metal pin, locate the area where the roots are closer to the surface. Dig them out and saw. Bending the stump, try to cut the root that goes down. When you lack the efforts, use the lever or a winch. Before getting to the stump grinding it is a good idea to dig under the stump uprooting a large pit and erode the soil.
Both procedures are complicated and might need the tree service specialist to cope with that. Just in case you change your mind to do the stump grinding on your own, you can call the tree service company in Surprise, Arizona. Our professionals will help you save your time and do all the work instead of you.
Trees are one of the largest living organisms on the planet and one of the greatest natural resources of the Earth. They make our air clean, reduce noise, improve water quality, prevent soil erosion, provide food and building materials, create shade and help make landscapes beautiful.
Everyone should remember that massive tree removal causes huge damage to the Earth.
Here are some thoughts, facts and figures about the old inhabitants of the earth and living treasures. Nine facts about trees gathered by the tree service company in Surprise, Arizona:
1. Evaporation of moisture through the leaves and shade from the trees reduces the annual cost of cooling space by 2.1 billion.
2. What is more, trees are the most long-living organisms on Earth.
3. Each tree of medium size saves about $7 annual environmental benefits, including conservation of energy and reduction of environmental pollution.
4. One tree produces about 113 kilograms of oxygen a year. This means that two mature trees can produce enough oxygen to cover annual demand for oxygen for family of four.
5. Only one tree per year is capable to receive as much carbon dioxide as a car produces during the race of 41.8 kilometers.
6. In the course of its life, one tree can absorb one ton of carbon dioxide.
7. The average life span of trees in the city is only 8 years. For comparison, the maximum life span of trees in the wild - apple to 200 years, pear -300, pine European – 500, oak - 1000 years, juniper - a maximum of 1500.
8. The biggest tree grows in the National Park in California. Its height is 112 meters, a diameter of 9 meters, and age is over 2000 years.
9. The oldest tree is also in a National Park in California. Its name Eternal God, according to scientists this tree is 12 000 years, though, some argue that it’s only 7000 years.
All in all, remember that our planet is a great treasure we need to take care of. Trees is one of the means to do this. The best way is to engage yourself in tree planting. In case it is too difficult, there are special tree services that will take help you with everything ranging from planting, tree trimming, pruning and, of course, tree removal.
Yards near our home or office do seem cozier when there is more greenery in it. Therefore, almost everyone wants tree services to work and make the place around us filled with green trees and palms. Still, there are those who do not tend to hire a tree company, but would rather do everything from tree planting, trimming and pruning on their own.
Tree Service Surprise is willing to share a bit of their experience in palm tree planting. Most likely, this knowledge will come in handy to some of our readers or clients.
So, here are the basic steps you should make to plant a palm tree:
1. No tree service can choose the palm tree for you. So it is your first step – to buy the type of the palm tree you will like and that will feel fine in the soil near your house.
2. Then, it is high time to choose the location for palm tree planting. You can find what is best for your palm tree in the instructions. You should have received them when buying a palm tree.
3. Of course, tree companies provide their workers will all the necessary equipment and clothes. In your case, you should take care of your safety on your own.
4. When well-equipped, you may start digging a hole with a shovel. The hole needs to be a bit shallower that the palm root. So just take your time to measure it.
5. Tree companies have assistants that work together when doing tree planting. You can call some of your neighbors to give you a hand. He or she will have to help you take off the plastic cover to open the palm roots.
6. Then, you are on the finishing line. Put your palm tree into the hole. Adjust it to stand straight and finish up by covering the hole with soil. Also, tree companies recommend watering your palm tree thoroughly.
On the one hand, these cute green plants cheer up our eyes every day, especially when they get flowers. There is nothing more beautiful. On the other hand, everything changes when the cactus gets too big and needs removal. As it may hurt the passers-by with its sharp needles.
Unlike other kinds of trees, cactus is the most dangerous one. So, if you are brave enough to refuse cactus removal service by a tree company, and take on the job yourself, here are points you should be aware of.
First, you should be extra careful during cactus removal and make sure you have all the protective equipment. However, for the protection for your body, you will need a chainsaw, a spade, and a hand rake.
You will need all this equipment to cut your cactus tree into equal pieces to make it easier cut the entire cactus. The axe will be used to chop the cactus into small pieces.
After that, you will need a shovel or axe to physically remove the top of the cactus. The next step is to dig out the cactus form the ground with the shovel. That is almost the last stage in the cactus removal process.
Finally, you need to take the pieces of the cactus to the dumpster. After that, carefully check your clothes whether they have spines on it.
Surely, it is the hard choice to remove the cactus yourself. However, if you feel like doing it, make sure you understand the process. Still, if you are having second thoughts, you can get a consultation with a tree company. The professionals will give you an inside-out explanation of how to remove the cactus.
Tree Service in Surprise, Arizona, is one of the leading tree service providers in the area. We can help you with everything from tree planting, fertilization, stump grinding, and lots of other tree care services.
People who have never tried removing, or even trimming a tree, may say it is extremely safe and easy. However, statistics say otherwise, and calls tree removal one of the most dangerous things a homeowner can do near the house.
Still, it is true not only for common people but for gardening professionals as well. In the majority of cases, they suffer different injuries after the tree removal process. Therefore, it takes a lot of practice and studies to perform this kind of job.
All the more, there are lots of dangers awaiting for you while doing the tree removal job. For instance, let’s start with the most simple and safe objects at the first glance. These are gardening tools as wood chippers and chainsaws. When used by someone who is not a trained professional, they may cause you lots of trouble.
Then, you have the tree itself, which can accidentally fall, or lose one of it's limbs or even fall in a direction you have not planned.
Of course, no one will tell you that you cannot do everything on your own. Therefore, here are a few tips for you to do the tree removal safely and successfully.
Last but not least, the most hidden danger you may even not expect is the insects or plants that live in the tree.
Though, if you have decided to try doing it on your own, here are a few useful safety tips for you to factor in:
1) Tree removal is a hard job not only for your body but for the brains as well. As the first thing you need to do is to predict where it is going to fall. Take into account power lines that are nearby.
2) Use only professional quality equipment because it will help you cope with the task more quickly and efficiently.
3) Choose the most appropriate uniform for yourself. It's always a good idea to have goggles, earmuffs, special work shoes, gloves and, of course, a helmet to protect you.
If after having read this article you do not feel like removing the tree on your own, you have a good option. Our tree service professionals in Surprise, Arizona are ready to help you out with every kind of tree service from tree trimming, tree pruning, cactus removal, palm tree skinning, trimming and removal, major tree removal, and stump grinding and removal.
Deciding to plant a tree is just the first step towards your goal. To grow a good and healthy tree, you need to know the entire procedure. As tree care is a subject that specialists study for years. Tree Service Surprise is happy to let you in on a couple of secrets so that you can care about your trees yourself.
Of course, the benefits of growing trees on your territory are enormous.
• First, from the ecological point of view. They clear air and produce more oxygen which is good for your health.
• Second, green and healthy trees increase the price and appraisal value of your property. So if you are thinking of changing houses – it is high time to care about your trees.
• Third, your trees are your bodyguards. On the one hand, they keep your privacy, on the other hand, they protect you from sun, creating shade where you can relax after a hectic working day.
However, to enjoy all the benefits the trees can offer, you should provide appropriate tree care or resort to special tree services.
Have a look at the basic rules of tree care if you want to enjoy the beauty around you:
1) A tree. In fact, it's easy to apply the famous proverb to a tree: “It is not you who chooses a tree, but the tree chooses you.” It means that before buying one, learn about different sorts of trees and find out which one will feel the best on your territory and soil.
2) Location. Think about where you are going to plant your tree. Predict how much light it will receive and whether it will be beneficial for the tree to make it grow.
3) Planting. When doing one of the most important steps in a tree life cycle, you need to be extra careful. Evaluate and measure your every step starting from the depth of planting to staking if it is necessary.
4) Watering is essential in a tree care process. Carefully stick to the instructions for the kind of tree you have just planted. Mind its location and weather – you may need to adjust the watering schedule to some outer factors.
5) Fertilizing. The majority of trees require fertilizing three times a year. You had better consult a specialist on the kind of fertilizer your tree needs and put his/her recommendations into practice.
Still, in case you need any kind of tree service and our help either with tree trimming, fertilization or stump grinding – do not hesitate, call us and all your trees in Surprise, Arizona will be taken care of.